The world of complex litigation is no place for beginners. If you’re involved in a high stakes case you need skilled, battle-tested litigators who won’t be intimidated by the “tall building” law firms that represent corporations and insurance companies or overawed by the awesome power prosecutors and government lawyers possess.
You need Betras, Kopp & Harshman.
Here’s why: Brian Kopp, Doug Titus and I have more than 90 years of combined legal experience. During our careers we’ve taken thousands of depositions, spent countless hours at the negotiating table, drafted reams of pre-trial—and often precedent-setting—motions, tried hundreds of cases in state and federal court, won millions of dollars in settlements and verdicts, and helped numerous clients secure their bottom line and, in some instances, their financial survival.
What does that mean in practical terms? Here are just a few examples from my corporate casefiles*…
- Won a multi-million-dollar verdict in federal court against the world’s largest retailer in a breach of contract case;
- Secured the rights to a unique narration of the Bible in a multi-week federal court trial;
- Successfully resolved a dispute over an executive compensation/asset purchase agreement in a food brokering business;
- Helped defeat efforts to deny the family of a highly-regarded investor in an automobile franchise millions of dollars in dividends;
- Compelled an international juice conglomerate to honor its contract to purchase fruit from a citrus grower at an agreed-upon price despite a precipitous drop in world market prices;
- Negotiated the break-up of numerous law firms on terms favorable to my clients;
- Successfully represented corporate executives in a variety of litigated and non-litigated matters.
My medical malpractice work mirrors the results I’ve achieved for clients in the corporate/business world. I’ve secured significant settlements that have compensated victims and families for injuries and deaths caused by negligent medical care, medication errors, botched surgical procedures, failure to properly treat post-surgical infections, and missed diagnoses.
Along with my vast experience, I bring something else to the table when I represent med mal victims and their families: the inside knowledge of the medical industry I acquired while serving as chief legal officer of one of the nation’s largest multi-state surgical practices. Working alongside hundreds of physicians, other medical professionals, and administrators gives me a unique perspective on and understanding of America’s health care system that I use to my—and my clients’—advantage every time I’m going up against the lawyers who represent careless providers and the giant insurance companies that protect them.
Brian, Doug and I will continue to share our experiences from the boardroom, negotiation table, and the courtroom in this space. In the meantime, if you are engaged in a complicated legal matter contact the attorneys who have the experience, determination, and resources it takes to win: the complex litigation team at Betras, Kopp & Harshman.